The Truth about U.S. Foster Care

Exposing the injustice, corruption, criminal, and unconstitutional acts of Child Protective Service Agencies and the Juvenile Court - Please see: http://www.fixcas.com/parody/tomb.htm; www.squidoo.com/abolishcps/; http://abolishcps.blogspot.com/2006/06/call-to-action-my-personal-story.html; and http://www.fightcps.com

My Photo
Name:

Hi, this is Ty and he was "legally" kidnapped by CPS on January 1, 2005. To view his photo log, please visit http://abolishcpsnow.blogspot.com/ As his mother, I will continue praying and fighting until he is returned home. To see what you can do to help put an end to family and juvenile court injustice, please visit www.squidoo.com/abolishcps/. There are several petitions that you can sign and a host of additional information. Working together we can end the abuse of power, lack of employee accountability, and remove the umbrella of immunity that shields their deliberate and intentional felony acts! If you feel that the decision to remove your children was based on race, please reflect on the beautiful and encouraging words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr: “I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. I believe that ‘unarmed’ … truth and unconditional love will have the final word.” IF YOU HAVE A PERSONAL STORY TO SHARE, PLEASE SEND TO: victimizedbycps@hotmail.com.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Depression -- Grounds for Removal and Termination of Parental Rights?

[But I Did Everything You Asked … So Why are You Terminating my Parental Rights??]

In July 2002 I married my husband. At that point I already had three children. My grandfather (who raised me from infancy) passed away in October 2002. During my pregnancy with my fourth child, I sank into a mild depression. When my daughter was born in May 2003 my depression deepened. My husband not knowing what to do, contacted my doctor -- who then contacted CPS. Needless to say, CPS decided that I was too depressed to care for any of my children and they removed them. I was told by my case worker that if I wanted any of my children back I had to get divorced, so I did.

In March of 2004 our divorce was final. In May 2004 my fifth child was born and taken right from the hospital. I had numerous psychological tests done and I showed no symptoms of depression. Then we got a new case worker that refused to give either one of us the kids because we were divorced! So we moved back in together, I ended up pregnant again, and my sixth child was born June 2005. He was also removed right from the hospital; So we got re-married in July 2005. We had a termination trial in January 2006 where the judge told CPS they had no reason to ask for termination and they had to send the kids home. Well, instead of sending them home they gave us a new Parent Agency Agreement. SO now we are starting on our fourth Parent Agency Agreement in three years and they are asking for termination again! This has been going on for over 3 years now and when we go back to court next month, the worker is asking for termination again.

Who knows what is going to happen next but I do know that every week when I see my kids they all cry and want to know when they are coming home. This system is so messed up and it does not seem like anyone cares. They say they are protecting the kids but in reality most of the time they are hurting them more than the parents ever could!

If you believe that foster care should be reserved for children that are orphaned, or have TRULY been abandoned by their parents and ALL extended family members; If you believe that children in foster care should actually be victims of abuse and/or neglect, once proven by a judge and jury NOT a social worker with a God complex; If you believe in the Constitution and civil rights for all, no matter what their economic, social, or cultural group may be – Please sign the petitions referenced at www.squidoo.com/abolishcps/ (scroll down to Get Involved!!!). Thank you in advance for your participation!